The fourth annual NUTV GREENLITE ARTS FESTIVAL runs during the month of March 2014. The Festival hosts several events that are part of the green art movement, starting with a 48-Hour Eco Film Challenge and a Photography Competition. The festival’s mandate is to provide opportunities for participants to dialogue about environmental issues, develop technical skills, engage their creativity and facilitate the production of film and photographic work. The festival serves to jump start Earth Week and consists of various environmentally-themed activities including; digital photography competition; 48-hour film challenge; digital filmmaking workshops; environmental documentary screening with panel discussion; daily shorts exhibition; and, a closing gala. All activities are free or low-cost and open to student and community members.
NUTV challenges you to draw attention to the ecological challenges the world faces by participating in this innovative event at the University of Calgary. There is no charge to enter the Photography Competition and the 48-Hour Eco Film Challenge (singles welcome to sign up and be placed on a team). Become a part of the solution by contributing to a sustainable future (Everyone is welcome to participate).
No Camera? No Problem.
NUTV’s “Tools of the Trade” Artist Program (TTAP) will assist you by providing access to digital photography, film and editing equipment at no charge.
2014 Schedule of Events:
- Eco Photo Contest begins.
- Early bird deadline for 48hr Film Challenge entries (guaranteed spot in the competition and t-shirts)
- Greenlite Workshop: Film and Television Industry Networking Night
NUTV in partnership with the University of Calgary Career Services
6:00 – 8:30pm in the NUTV Studio
- Deadline for 48hr Film challenge entries
- Deadline for Eco photo contest. Online voting will take place for 10 days after today.
- Acting Workshop
1:00 – 4:00pm in the NUTV Studio
- Cinematography Workshop
6:00 – 9:00pm in the NUTV Studio
- 48 hr Film Challenge starts at 4:00pm. One of your team members must come to the NUTV Studio to pick up your team’s challenge pack at 4:00pm. This is the only opportunity you will have to potentially trade your prop and/or line of dialogue with another team.
- NUTV Studio open from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
- 48hr Film Challenge
- Hour of No Power Social Event in the NUTV Studio ~ 8:00 – 9:30 pm. Dinner will be served & games played.
- NUTV Studio open from 7:30am to 12:00pm, access editing computers and tech support.
- 48hr Film Challenge deadline 4:00pm
- NUTV Studio open from 7:30am to 5:00pm, access editing computers and tech support.
- Eco Photo contest online voting closes.
- ECHO: Spoken Word Event
NUTV in partnership with the University Office of Sustainability
7:00 – 9:00pm in the NUTV Studio
- Best in Show Closing Gala EEEL Building at the University of Calgary.
7:00 – 9:00pm in Room 161 EEEL
Please note that all events are being held on the University of Calgary campus and everyone is welcome to participate in or attend festival events.
BEST IN SHOW GALA & AWARDS RECEPTION
All are welcome to attend on Friday, March 28, 2014.
Photographers at the University of Calgary and throughout the community have been invited to submit environmentally-inspired photographs for this competition. The most outstanding photographs, selected by a jury of students and industry professionals will be exhibited during our award night reception. Additionally, the short films created during our 48-Hour Eco Film Challenge will be screened. This year the films will be judged at the premiere by a panel of independent judges. Your film is eligible to win in these categories; Best Environmental Message, Best Use of Prop, Best Use of Dialogue, and vote for your favourite with The People’s Choice Award…So make sure to invite all your family and friends to the Gala so they can cast their vote!
Please contact the Festival Directors (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.