The third annual NUTV GREENLITE ARTS FESTIVAL runs March 25 – April 3, 2013. The Festival hosts several events that are part of the green art movement, starting with a 48-Hour Eco Film Challenge and a Photography Competition. The festival’s mandate is to provide opportunities for participants to dialogue about environmental issues, develop technical skills, engage their creativity and facilitate the production of film and photographic work. Taking place in the last week of March the festival serves to jump start Earth Week and consists of various environmentally-themed activities including; digital photography competition; 48-hour film challenge; digital filmmaking workshops; environmental documentary screening with panel discussion; daily shorts exhibition; and, a closing gala. All activities are free or low-cost and open to student and community members.
NUTV challenges you to draw attention to the ecological challenges the world faces by participating in this innovative event at the University of Calgary. There is no charge to enter the Photography Competition and the 48-Hour Eco Film Challenge (singles welcome to sign up and be placed on a team). Become a part of the solution by contributing to a sustainable future (Everyone is welcome to participate).
No Camera? No Problem.
NUTV’s “Tools of the Trade” Artist Program (TTAP) will assist you by providing access to digital photography, film and editing equipment at no charge.
2013 Schedule of Events:
Want to learn how to look your best (or worst) on camera? Focusing on make-up artistry in film and TV, you’ll learn basic techniques for make-up application for on-camera looks and some beginner special effects. The instructor is an industry professional. Click here for more info.
- Eco Photo Contest begins.
- NUTV and the Scene & Heard Club want to give you the opportunity to mingle with some of Alberta’s top film industry professionals & ask them questions about their jobs. Click here for more info.
- The official kick-off of the University of Calgary’s second annual Clean Bin Challenge and screening of “The Clean Bin Project”. Click here for more info.
- Make your idea reality. This workshop will provide you with a strong basic introduction to screenwriting and acting. Click here for more info.
- Eco Photo Contest and 48hr Film Challenge Entry Deadline
- 48 hr Film Challenge starts at 4:00pm. One of your team members must come to the NUTV Studio to pick up your team’s challenge pack at 4:00pm. This is the only opportunity you will have to potentially trade your prop and/or line of dialogue with another team.
- NUTV Studio open from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
- 48hr Film Challenge
- Hour of No Power Social Event in the NUTV Studio ~ 8:00 – 9:30 pm. Dinner will be served & games played.
- NUTV Studio open from 7:30am to 12:00pm, access editing computers and tech support.
- 48hr Film Challenge deadline 4:00pm
- NUTV Studio open from 7:30am to 5:00pm, access editing computers and tech support.
- U of C Sustainabilty Clean Bin Challenge Wrap Up & Screening of “No Impact Man” ~ 7:00 – 9:30 pm. Click here for more info.
- Movies That Matter environmentally-themed Documentary: PAD YATRA: A Green Odyssey & Discussion ~ 7:00 pm. Click here for more info.
- Best in Show Closing Gala ~ 7:00pm Click here for more info.
Please note that all events are being held on the University of Calgary campus and everyone is welcome to participate in or attend festival events.
BEST IN SHOW GALA & AWARDS RECEPTION
All are welcome to attend, the reception will be held April 3 2013, at 7:00pm in the Gallery Hall of the Taylor Family Digital Library.
Photographers at the University of Calgary and throughout the community have been invited to submit environmentally-inspired photographs for this competition. The most outstanding photographs, selected by a jury of students and industry professionals will be exhibited during our award night reception. Additionally, the short films created during our 48-Hour Eco Film Challenge will be screened. This year the films will be judged at the premiere by a panel of independent judges. Your film is eligible to win in these categories; Best Environmental Message, Best Use of Prop, Best Use of Dialogue, and new this year…. The People’s Choice Award…So make sure to invite all your family and friends to the Gala so they can cast their vote! Light fare will be served and everyone is welcome to attend. RSVP via email to email@example.com or on Facebook.
Please contact the Festival Directors (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.